Friday’s Downs After Dark Ends Spring Meet with “Downs Does The Decades” Celebration
New Guest Chef Series @ Millionaires Row Features Chef Patrick Roney from Harvest
Louisville, KY., – Racing moves to the evening this week for the final races of the 2017 Spring Meet, culminating on Friday night with night racing at Downs After Dark presented by Stella Artois and Finlandia Vodka.
Wednesday and Thursday will feature $1 beers and gates will open at 4:00 p.m., with the first post at 5:00 p.m. On Friday, gates open at 5:00 p.m. with first post at 6:00 p.m.
Friday’s theme is Downs Does the Decades, so pick your favorite decade from the 1950s to the 1990s and look the part. In addition to Friday’s 11 live races and signature cocktails by Finlandia Vodka, guests will enjoy:
· Live Music and Dancing in the Plaza with Tony and the Tanlines from 7:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.; the Wannabeatles from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.; and DJ Matt Anthony from 11:00 p.m. til close.
· Decades Fashion Contest on the Plaza Stage at 9:15. Judges from Nitty Gritty vintage store and Wave 3 News will select the winning costume from the 1950s – 1990s. The winner will receive tickets to September’s Downs After Dark and a gift card to Nitty Gritty.
· Eleven Foot Disco Ball in the Plaza created by Louisville’s “Board of Ballers” to raise community awareness of their quest to build the world’s largest disco ball in honor of Louisville’s history as the former top manufacturer of disco balls in the United States. The largest disco ball is currently 33 feet, set by the Bestival Music Festival on the Isle of Wright.
· Disco Dancing Demonstrations in the Plaza by Dance Louisville.
· Three Stakes Races include The Bashford Manor (GII) and Debutante (Listed) for 2-year-olds and Kelly’s Landing Overnight Stakes.
· Bet or No Bet will give one lucky fan in each race 6 – 9 the chance to wager $4,000 to win on the Horse of their choice.
· Guest Chef Series @ Millionaires Row will feature a menu by celebrated chef Patrick Roney from Harvest Restaurant with spirit tastings by Finlandia Vodka. The new series is a separate ticketed event on Millionaire’s Row 6 for 250 guests and cost $149. Guests can mingle with the chef and enjoy reserved table seating, a specially decorated soft lounge area, a full bar package 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., access to the sixth floor balcony overlooking the finish line, music by WFPK’s Matt Anthony and a free racing program.
WHEN: Wednesday and Thursday, June 28 & 29: Gates open at 4:00 p.m., first post at 5:00 p.m.
Friday, June 30: Gates open at 5:00 p.m., first post at 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Churchill Downs Racetrack, 700 Central Ave, Louisville KY 40208
TICKETS: Available at www.churchilldowns.com
Wednesday and Thursday
o $3 General Admission – $74 Reserved Dining
Friday Downs After Dark
o $10 General Admission – $125 Reserved Dining
o $149 Guest Chef Series @ Millionaires Row