Before I moved to Louisville I never dreamed about taking a run through a cemetery for a workout; how morbid would that be? After experiencing Cave Hill and its majesty beauty, its more like an en-lightening experienced than a feeling of death or darkness. If any cemetery could be one of beauty it would be Cave Hill. If any resting place could be one that gives you a nice challenging walk on a Sunday afternoon it would be Cave Hill! If any cemetery could give you peace in your soul it would be the hill.
What I like about going to Cave Hill for a workout or walk is:
- You have numerous courses and paths.
- The scenery is fantastic.
- You are challenged physically and mentally on any road you walk.
- You have peace while exercising there.
- History resides there, lots of it! Learn about it.
- Every tomb stone has a story to tell. Just imagine.
Sure its not our goal to visit a cemetery more than we have too, but if you want to enjoy a place for a nice walk, a feeling of history and a peace in the soul visit Cave Hill Cemetery! More workout tips…