Louisville, KY. – If you plan to run the Humana Kentucky Derby Festival miniMarathon or Marathon, but haven’t registered yet, your time is running out! Registration for the road races closes at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, April 23. There will be no late registration. The registration fees are $95 for the miniMarathon and $105 for the Marathon. Runners can register online at DerbyFestivalMarathon.com.
“The miniMarathon and Marathon mark the largest annual day of road racing in Kentucky,” said Shanna Ward, Race Director. “We close registration several days prior to the event to ensure we have the infrastructure and amenities in place to support all the runners.”
2019 is 46th year for the miniMarathon and 18th year for the marathon. The races on Saturday, April 27, will start simultaneously at 7:30 a.m. at Main and Brook streets and will finish at Preston and Witherspoon streets, just outside the entrance to Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville on the Waterfront.
The course showcases the unique architecture on Main Street, including the Museum Row attractions. Runners in both races will again run a lap inside the infield at Churchill Downs racetrack, and pass by Central Park and the St. James Court neighborhood. Marathon runners pass through the Marathon Gateway at the race split after Churchill Downs.
Preparations for the largest day of road racing in Kentucky begin today and continue through the week.
Monday, April 22:
- 3 PM – 5 PM: Volunteers will gather at The Brown School (546 South First Street, 2nd Floor cafeteria) to label the bibs for all the runners participating in this year’s mini and marathon.
Wednesday, April 24:
- 2 – 5 PM: Over 100 vendors begin their load-in at the Race Expo and Packet Pick-up at the Kentucky International Convention Center, Hall B.
Thursday, April 25:
- 9 AM – 3 PM: Vendors continue load-in at the Race Expo and Packet Pick-up at the Kentucky International Convention Center, Hall B.
- 4 PM – 8 PM: Race Expo and Packet Pick-up opens at the Kentucky International Convention Center, Hall B.
Friday, April 26:
- 9 AM: Finish Line Set-up begins at Preston & Witherspoon Streets and will continue throughout the day.
- 11AM – 9 PM: Race Expo and Packet Pick-up at the Kentucky International Convention Center, Hall B.
Saturday, April 27:
- 7:25 AM: Wheelchair Division starts on Main Street at Brook Street.
- 7:30 AM: Both races start on Main Street at Brook Street.
- 8:15 AM – 8:45 AM: First finishers of Wheelchair Division and miniMarathoners expected to cross finish line.
- 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM: First finishers of Marathon Division expected to cross finish line.
Humana is Title Sponsor of the miniMarathon and Marathon. The Official Race Medical Provider & Training Partner is Norton Sports Health. Official IT Partner: Deloitte. Contributing Sponsors are Churchill Downs, Dean’s Milk, Louisville Water Company, Powerade, and The Courier-Journal. Official Finish Line Nutrition: Meijer. Official Bourbon: Jim Beam®. Official Hotel: The Galt House. Official Pace Team: Dick’s Sporting Goods. Official Pace Car: Bachman Subaru. Official Beer: Goodwood Brewing.
The Derby Festival is an independent community organization supported by 4,000 volunteers, 400 businesses and civic groups, Pegasus Pin sponsorships and event participation. It entertains more than 1.5 million people annually. This involvement has made the Festival the largest single attended event in Kentucky and one of the leading community celebrations in the world.