LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The Louisville Bats will return home from their season opening seven-game road trip, to begin the 17th home season of Bats’ baseball at Louisville Slugger Field on Thursday, April 14 at 7:05 p.m. Louisville will face the Toledo Mud Hens, the Triple-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers.
Fans can enjoy $1 Bud and Bud Light drafts at the $1 Budweiser Beer Happy Hour on the Overlook Deck from 5:30-7:00 p.m. along with live music by the J.D. Shelburne Band. The first 1,000 fans 16-and-older will be given a Koozie presented by Etscorn Auto Collision. Also, Bats magnetic schedule will be given out at the gates.
Again on Sundays the Bats will have Kids Eat Free with paid admission. Kids 12-and-under may receive a voucher (one voucher per child) behind section 115 to get a free hot dog, junior nacho, and small Pepsi.Once again, the Inflatable KidsZone will be in the Hall of Fame Pavilion and Kids Run the Bases after the game.
Fans can end the homestand by once again enjoying Thunder Over Louisville from Louisville Slugger Field on Saturday, April 23 at 2:05. Gates will open at noon for the contest against Indianapolis and field access passes can be purchased for $5 (initial ticket cost not included). The Personnel, a 90’s hits cover band, will perform in the outfield after the game and the stadium, including restrooms and concessions will remain open through the conclusion of the fireworks show.
Louisville manager Delino DeShields returns for his second season with the Bats and seventh in the Reds organization as a manager, after leading the Bats to a 64-80 record in 2015. The skipper played 13 seasons in the Majors with the Expos, Dodgers, Cardinals, Orioles and Cubs. His 463 career stolen bases rank him in MLB’s top 50 all-time.
The Bats opened the season with a four-game series in Toledo, three of which were postponed due to snow, the Mud Hens taking the opener, 10-2. The club is currently in Columbus, Ohio against the Clippers before returning home on Thursday. Reds prospect Jesse Winker is 2-for-4 at the plate in the single game played for Louisville. Glendale, Ky. native Steve Delabar has pitched one inning and struck out two on the young season.
The Bats have averaged 8,827 fans per game at Louisville Slugger Field since its opening in 2000 and have totaled over 9.9 million fans through 16 seasons. Tickets for all regular season games are available. The entire 2016 Bats schedule, including updated promotions and special events, can be found atbatsbaseball.com. Single-game tickets may be purchased online, by calling 1-855-228-8497 or by visiting the Louisville Slugger Field box office. Full and partial season tickets, along with group outings and suite rentals are available by calling the Bats front office at 502-212-2287.
Homestand Highlights April 14-23
Thursday, April 14 – Louisville Bats vs. Toledo Mud Hens, 7:05 p.m.
- Budweiser Game Time Happy Hour: $1 Bud & Bud Light from 5:30-7:00 p.m. on the Overlook Deck plus live music from the “J.D. Shelburne Band” from 5:30-6:25 p.m.
- Friends & Family Night: Family of four (4) for $39 gets four Field Reserved tickets, four hats and four Raising Cane’s meal vouchers to be redeemed at the information booth on the third base side of the ballpark.
- Etscorn Auto Collision “Koozie” giveaway: To the first 1,000 adult fans 16 and older.
Friday, April 15 – Louisville Bats vs. Toledo Mud Hens, 7:05 p.m.
- Buddy Bat Poster giveaway: To the first 2,000 fans presented by Daunhauer Plumbing.
- Friday Fireworks, presented by Kindred Healthcare
Saturday, April 16 – Louisville Bats vs. Toledo Mud Hens, 6:05 p.m.
- Halloween Night: Any adult or child dressed in a Halloween costume gets $3 off of a Field Reserved ticket. Children 12-and-under can Trick-or-Treat along the main concourse from 5:00-7:30 p.m.
- Back Yard Bash: Cornhole on the Overlook until 7:30; $3 14 oz. Goose Island IPA, AmberBock and Shock Top at the Overlook Grill until the end of the 7thinning; adult fans may register to win two (2) 2016 World Series tickets, presented by Budweiser.
Sunday, April 17 – Louisville Bats vs. Toledo Mud Hens, 2:05 p.m.
- Team Autograph Day: Gates open at 12:30 p.m. and fans can head down on the field for players and coaches to sign autographs.
- Kids Eat Free: Once again in 2016 at every Sunday home game, all kids 12-and-uner with paid admission receive a free hot dog, junior nacho and small Pepsi. One meal per child.
- Inflatable KidsZone: Inflated from 1-4 p.m. in the West Hall of Fame pavilion, presented by Mortenson Family Dental, BracesBracesBraces and Kids Dentistree.
- Postgame Kids Run the Bases, presented by Meijer and the YMCA
Monday, April 18 – Louisville Bats vs. Columbus Clippers, 7:05 p.m.
- Margarita Monday: 12 oz. margaritas available for $3 behind Section 122 on the third-base side.
- Meijer Monday: Fans receive $3 off per field reserved seat when presenting any Meijer receipt to the box office window, presented by El Jimador Tequila
- White Castle Guarantee Win Monday: If the Bats win, fans can take their ticket stub to White Castle for a FREE classic slider (good either Monday night or all day Tuesday at area White Castles).
Tuesday, April 19 – Louisville Bats vs. Columbus Clippers, 7:05 p.m.
- $1 Hot Dogs and Pepsi Products, presented by Pepsi and Meijer
- Baseball Bingo: Winner receives a $50 Meijer gift card.
Wednesday, April 20 – Louisville Bats vs. Columbus Clippers, 11:05 a.m.
- Education Day
Thursday, April 21 – Louisville Bats vs. Indianapolis Indians, 7:05 p.m.
- Budweiser Game Time Happy Hour: $1 Bud & Bud Light from 5:30-7:00 p.m. on the Overlook Deck plus live music from “D.J. K-Dog” from 5:30-6:25 p.m.
- College Night
Friday, April 22 – Louisville Bats vs. Indianapolis Indians, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, April 23 – Louisville Bats vs. Indianapolis Indians, 2:05 p.m.
- Thunder Over Louisville Game, presented by the Shane Company.
- Postgame concert by The Personnel