Louisville, KY. – The stars are coming out for this year’s Kentucky Derby Festival events. The Festival released this year’s celebrity guest list this morning. Many of the VIPs will take part in both the Celebrity Day at the Downs event on Thursday, May 2, as well as the Republic Bank Pegasus Parade later that same day, and some will attend the Trifecta Gala on Derby Eve
“We’re excited to have several special guests joining us for this year’s Kentucky Derby Festival,” said Stacey Robinson, Kentucky Derby Festival EVP and Chief of Staff. “They’re always awed by our spring time celebration and the southern hospitality. They come to Louisville as visitors and leave as friends.”
Guests scheduled to appear at Derby Festival Events include:
- Natalie Zea – Actress – Detour, Justified (Celebrity Day and Parade – co-hosting with Trifecta)
- Travis Schuldt – Actor – Scrubs, Passions (Celebrity Day and Parade – co-hosting with Trifecta)
- Monte Durham – Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta (Celebrity Day, Parade, attending Trifecta as guest of Derby Festival)
- Phaedra Parks – Real Housewives of Atlanta (Celebrity Day, Parade – co-hosting with Trifecta)
- Robert Williamson, III – Celebrity Poker Player (Great Steamboat Race, Celebrity Day)
- JD Shelburne – Nashville Recording Artist (Great Steamboat Race, Celebrity Day)
- Miss Kentucky 2018 Katie Bouchard (Great Steamboat Race, Celebrity Day, Parade)
- Jamon Brown – NFL’s Atlanta Falcons (Celebrity Day, Parade)
- Louisville City FC (most of the team – Parade)
- Jecorey “1200” Arthur (will perform opening act at the Parade)
- Chef Darnell Ferguson, SuperChef’s – Winner of Food Network’s “Guy’s Grocery Games” (Celebrity Day, Parade)
- Chef Gerron Hurt – Winner of FOX’s Master Chef (Celebrity Day, Parade)
- Chef Dallas McGarity, Portage House & The Fat Lamb – Winner of Food Network’s Chopped (Celebrity Day, Parade)
- Chef Josh Moore, Volare’ – Winner of Food Network’s Chopped (Celebrity Day)
Celebrity Day at the Downs will begin at 11:30 a.m. on the sixth floor at Churchill Downs on Thursday, May 2, featuring a traditional Kentucky luncheon and a day of racing on Millionaire’s Row. The event is sponsored by Kentuckiana Honda Dealers, with contributing sponsors Commonwealth Bank & Trust and Macy’s, and Media Sponsors The Voice-Tribune and 106.9 PLAY.
The Republic Bank Pegasus Parade steps off on Broadway at 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 2. The parade is sponsored by Republic Bank, with Official Hotel, The Galt House and Contributing Sponsor KentuckyOne Health Louisville Region. Tickets for the parade are still available online at KDF.org. Ticket prices are $10 for bleacher seats and $12 for chair seating.
Since 1956, the Derby Festival has worked to bring the community together in celebration. The Festival is an independent community organization supported by 4,000 volunteers, 400 businesses and civic groups, Pegasus Pin sponsorships and event participation. This involvement has made the Festival the largest single attended event in Kentucky and one of the leading community celebrations in the world.