Meijer presents “The World’s Largest Halloween Party!”
October 4–7, 11–14, 18–21, & 25–28, 2018
Louisville, KY., – The Louisville Zoo is about to transform into a storybook land where a photo opportunity is waiting around every corner during the Zoo’s “World’s Largest Halloween Party!” presented by Meijer. This year the Zoo celebrates its 37th year of the popular party on October 4–7, 11–14, 18–21, & 25–28, 2018.
Tickets are now on sale.
Children can dress up in their wildest costumes and set off on a magical journey through the Zoo.
The Party features costumed characters for guests to meet and greet in fanciful, larger-than-life storybook scenes. Trick-or-treating is offered for kids 11 and under. In an effort to be “green,” the Zoo requests that children bring their own trick-or-treat bag to the event. The Zoo will not provide bags, but reusable cloth bags will be available for purchase for $2 in the Zoo’s gift shop whiles supplies last.
Louisville pumpkin carving artist Donna O’Bryan will have her beautifully carved artificial pumpkins on display nightly in the Glacier Run Black Cat Crossing area with cutout themes ranging from iconic movie characters to famous stars.
“We are thrilled to support the Louisville Zoo and its wonderful Halloween tradition that everyone anticipates,” said Cathy Cooper, Senior Director of Community and Corporate Giving for Meijer. “The World’s Largest Halloween Party epitomizes what we at Meijer value dearly – families and the communities we serve.”
Fun themed areas include:
- Mumpkin the Giant Talking Pumpkin
- Dance the night away at the Astro Disco
- Skip up the yellow brick road to the Land of Oz
- Dive Under the Sea and walk among jellyfish
- Have photos taken with prehistoric friends in Dinoland
- Enjoy a zany tea party with silly friends in Wonderland
- Take flight with your favorite fairy and never grow up in Pirate’s Cove
- Show off your superpowers in Superhero City
- Halloween and playtime mix when you visit Toyland
- Your favorite books come to life in Storybook Land
- Wander your way through a hay maze, gaze upon hundreds of hillside pumpkins and more!
While all main Party festivities are included with regular Party admission, several optional experiences will be available for the adventuresome (special fees and some restrictions apply). These include:
- “Not-So Itsy Bitsy” Spider House: ($2 per person)
Come view the intricate and beautiful webs these arachnids weave. This walk-through 1,000 sq. ft. spider house lets you stroll alongside the spiders and their webs. Take a guided tour and listen as we spin a story all about spiders.
- Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow tour ($2 per person)
- Spooktactular Carousel ($2 per person)
- Boo Choo-Choo Train ($5 per person)
- Kaman’s Handimals (starts at $10)
- Kaman’s Face Painting (starts at $9.49)
- Kaman’s photo packages (start at $14.99)
- Louisville Zoo Youth Board face painting and sand art ($1 – $4)
- Fun gift items at the Zoo’s gift shops; Louisville Zoo members get 10% off
- Themed snacks and beverages like Dippin’ Dots are available at concession stands; Louisville Zoo members get a 10% discount
The Zoo will close early for regular daytime visitors on nights when the Halloween event takes place; gates will close at 3 p.m. and guests can enjoy the Zoo until 4 p.m.
Halloween Party guests can enter starting at 5 p.m. Last entry is at 8:30 p.m.
Oct. 4 – 7, 11 – 14
PNC Grow Up Great Learning Adventure
This traveling exhibit provides an opportunity for parents and caregivers to learn about the importance of early childhood education while they engage in fun activities with their kids.
Thursday Oct. 4 and Thursday Oct.25
Meijer Food Truck
The Meijer food truck will be at the front entrance sampling hot cider and pumpkin spice treats
Thursday, Oct. 18
This special night will feature peanut-free treat booths and added non-food treats like stickers, bracelets, pencils and more. This night will feature more non-food treats items than other nights of the Party. Our “Switch Witch” will also be on grounds to help our kids swap out any treats of concern for another option. Additional support from Family Allergy and Asthma and Louisville Family ENT.
Saturday, Oct. 27
Star Wars Night
Members of the 501st Legion will be on hand so guests can meet and greet some of their favorite Star Wars characters.
This event is one of the Zoo’s major fundraising events and requires a special ticket for all visitors ages 3 and older. Advanced online tickets are on sale now at www.louisvillezoo.org. Some event nights sell out so the Zoo encourages guests to reserve early. This event is rain or shine. No refunds or exchanges.
Halloween Party ticket prices are as follows:
- Non-Louisville Zoo member tickets are $10.50 per person for an advanced online ticket for a specified evening or the night of the event at the admission windows based on availability.
- Guests can buy tickets at area Meijer locations for $8.50 valid any night of the event.
- Louisville Zoo member tickets are $1 per person for the first two weekends (Oct. 4–7 and 11–14) and must be purchased in advance online for a specific evening using valid Member I.D.; the remaining dates (Oct. 18–21 and 25–28) are $5 per person and may be purchased in advance online for a specific evening using valid Member ID. Louisville Zoo members can also purchase a ticket for $5 at the Zoo admission windows any night of the event based on availability.
- Groups of 15 or more can purchase discounted tickets online or by contacting the Zoo’s Group Sales department at (502)459-2348 at least 72 hours in advance.
- Limited parking is available in the Zoo lot for $5 per car (cash) for all those attending the Halloween event including Louisville Zoo members.
For more details and answers to frequently asked questions about the Halloween Party, visit louisvillezoo.org/halloween
“The World’s Largest Halloween Party!” presented by Meijer is also made possible by Ford Motor Company, Great Clips, Papa John’s Pizza, PNC Grow Up Great, UPS, Kentucky Education Savings PlanTrust, Louisville Councilman Pat Mulvihill and District 10 residents and KIND. Additional support by Wendy’s, Chili’s, Fazoli’s, Mark’s Feed Store, Golden Corral, Orkin, Delta Dental, USA Image, Philpot Hay Company, NU-Yale, Family Allergy and Asthma, Louisville Family ENT, l and Caufield’s.
This is a non-smoking event.
Costumes/Masks: Adults may wear costumes but we ask that they be family-friendly (not scary please). As this event caters to small children, adults may NOT wear masks that cover the face. The Zoo reserves the right to ask adults to remove masks.
Animals: While you may catch a glimpse of a few party animals, many of our animal residents will not be on exhibit in the evenings so they can rest and follow their regular fall schedule. There are no promises, but you are most likely to see maned wolves, jaguars, bongos, and rhinoceros.
Road Closings: The following road closings begin at 4 p.m. on event days: Illinois, Russell and Grenade. There will also be signs posted for no parking on streets around the Zoo.