LOUISVILLE, Ky.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), one of the nation’s leading health and well-being companies, announced the actions it is taking to assist its members, employees and communities in Florida and the Gulf Coast Region who have been impacted by Hurricane Michael, including a disaster recovery donation from its philanthropic arm, the Humana Foundation.
Among those actions, Humana has opened its toll-free crisis intervention hotline and counseling services beyond employees and members to include any individual who needs assistance in those communities impacted by Hurricane Michael.
The Humana Foundation also announced it will provide an initial $250,000 donation to United Way Worldwide to support and assist local disaster relief and recovery efforts for those affected by Hurricane Michael. To further support disaster recovery, Humana will match storm relief donations made by its employees.
Other actions to support Humana members include:
- For all affected members, Humana has suspended referrals and prior authorization requirements for acute, post-acute, outpatient and physician services
- Humana is providing affected members who need to seek care out-of-network with the same cost-sharing they would get from an in-network health care provider or facility
- For its pharmacy members, Humana has suspended restrictions on refills to allow for travel difficulties and evacuations
- Humana is conducting outreach to all members in Hurricane Michael’s path through email, web and phone calls to let them know how to access care and get help if they are affected by the storm
“Although Hurricane Michael approached the Gulf Coast very quickly, its impact will remain for a long time,” said Humana President and CEO Bruce Broussard. “While we’re providing an array of resources to support our employees, members, health care provider partners, brokers and employer clients affected by the storm, we want everyone to realize the full impact these disasters can have and encourage people to call our free and confidential crisis intervention hotline and speak to one of our counselors.”
Humana counselors and work/life specialists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-888-673-1154 to provide free, confidential assistance to anyone needing help and support in coping with the disaster and its aftermath. Assistance is available in both English and Spanish.
Humana Medicare, Medicaid, commercial, individual and TRICARE members with questions about services available to them should call the toll-free phone number on the back of their Humana ID card.
Humana Inc. is committed to helping our millions of medical and specialty members achieve their best health. Our successful history in care delivery and health plan administration is helping us create a new kind of integrated care with the power to improve health and well-being and lower costs. Our efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools – such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions – combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s website at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases and conference calls
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information