BATS TO HOST QUICK TWO-GAME SET WITH COLUMBUS
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The Louisville Bats return home for a quick two-game series against the Columbus Clippers on Thursday and Friday. Thursday, Homer Bailey will start for the Bats with first pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
Thursday will be the locally known Budweiser Game Time Happy Hour with $1 Bud and Bud Light from 5:30-7 p.m. on the Overlook Deck. Live music will be performed by Timmy & Scharfe from5:30-6:25 p.m.
Friday there will be a Louisville Slugger Mini Bat giveaway to the first 1,000 children 12 & under presented by Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory. Also fans can stay after the game and enjoy postgame fireworks sponsored by KentuckyOne Health.
The Bats sit two games under .500 at 42-44, 4.5 games back of the division leading Clippers entering play on Thursday. Reds prospect Amir Garrett collected his Triple-A win on July 4 and is 1-1 with a 2.89 ERA. Garrett will represent the Reds in the SiriusXM Futures Game in San Diego, CA. Jermaine Curtis will represent the Bats in the Triple-A All-Star Game on Wednesday, July 13, in Charlotte, NC. He is the lone All-Star representative for the Bats.
Homestand Highlights July 7-July 8
Thursday, June 30 – Louisville Bats vs. Gwinnett Braves – 7:05 pm
- Thirsty Thursday: $1 Bud & Bud Light from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Presented by Budweiser, iHeartRadio, Courier-Journal & Kentucky Lottery.
- Live Music on the Overlook Deck from “Timmy & Scharfe” from 5:30-6:25 p.m.
- Miller Transportation Sponsor Night
Friday, July 1 – Louisville Bats vs. Gwinnet Braves – 7:05 pm
- Louisville Slugger “Mini Bat” Giveaway: First 1,000 children 12 & under presented by Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory
- Fireworks presented by KentuckyOne Health