Louisville, KY. – The Kentucky Derby Festival’s ultimate entertainment venue – Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville on the Waterfront – opens on Thursday, April 25, at 11 a.m. A ribbon cutting ceremony will be held to mark the official opening of the 9-day event. The first 250 guests will also receive a free gift from Kroger. As part of the opening day festivities, attendees will have an opportunity to taste $2 and $3 food samples during Flavors of Fest-a-Ville from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
“Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville really is the ultimate entertainment venue during the Derby Festival,” said Mike Berry, KDF President & CEO. “Not only is there something for everyone in one place, but there is something different every day.”
The venue will host a full schedule of events again this year, including the Waterfront Jam with nearly 30 local and regional bands and 7 national act concerts on two stages. New events at Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville include a Drag Show Brunch at the Chow Wagon with Louisville Pride Foundation on Sunday, April 28; and theLouisville City FC Tailgate Party before their game on Tuesday, April 30. The Budweiser Clydesdales make a special appearance on Wednesday, May 1.
Military Day returns on Friday, April 26, with free admission all day for Veterans and Active Military with their military ID courtesy of Belterra Casino Resort. Plus, on Sunday, April 28, as part of the Family Day activities, the Derby Festival will donate $1 per family (who walks through the gates at Fest-a-Ville) to Dare to Care Food Bank in support of Kroger’s Zero Hunger Zero Waste initiative. Fan favorite events return including: the BB&T Great Balloon Glimmer, HappyTail Hour, Neigh-maste on the Waterfront, LXC Chow Wagon Kickball Showdown, BeerFest Presented by Liberty Financial, Fitness Jam, Ohio Valley Wrestling Run for the Ropes, and YMCA Healthy Kids Day.
Of course, Fest-a-Ville wouldn’t be complete without food – and lots of it! Some new items on the menu this year include Bavarian Cream Puffs, Pork Schnitzel, Jerk Chicken, Fried Catfish, Oxtails, Tacos and more! Foodies will also find the traditional favorites like Wood Fired Pizza, Funnel Cakes, Corn Dogs, the Derby Burger and Gyros.
Happy Hour returns with $2 Miller Lite beers weekdays from 4-6 p.m. Throughout the venue, guests will also have a variety of drink options including 5 different specialty cocktails to choose from at one of five full-service bars:
- Drake’s By the River: Full-service bar with Thunder Punch cocktail featuring Four Roses Bourbon. Located by the Miller Lite Music Stage.
- Chow Wagon Beer Garden: One of the go-to spots for Happy Hour. Grab a $2 Miller Lite beer every weekday from 4-6 p.m.
- Budweiser Beer Garden: NEW Beer Garden and full service “shipping container” bar near the Ram Truck Field Great Lawn featuring Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and Bon & Viv Spiked Seltzer.
- The Great Bar: Full-service bar featuring all five specialty cocktails, Old 502 Wines and Barefoot Bubbly Champagne. Located inside Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville.
- Jeptha Creed Vodka Bar: Full-Service Bar featuring Jeptha Creed Vodka, serving up specialty drink, “Bluegrass Belle”. The hangout for all the Great Stage shows!
Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville opens Thursday, April 25, for a nine-day run ending Derby Eve, Friday, May 3. Hours are 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily, except Sunday 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. Admission is a 2019 Pegasus Pin. Kroger is Title Sponsor of the event, with Media Sponsor The Courier-Journal.