Many Hoosiers commute to Louisville to work each day, and that includes the good folks of Henryville, IN. Since last week’s F4 tornado, the Red Cross, the National Guard, and other federal & state agencies have been on the job of providing relief efforts.
Here’s a quick list of some locally-based relief efforts & community updates from Ground Zero, in Henryville, if you are available and able to help:
- Friday March 9th at 3:00 St Francis Xavier Church in Henryville will be holding a prayer service for all those who lost their lives in the March 2nd tornado. They have invited all to come out regardless of denomination and have asked area churches to join them in ringing their bells at 3:00 in remembrance. “This is a time for us as a community to take a moment and remember those whose lives were taken by the tornado.”
- Attention Friends: Anyone available 3/9 at Country Lake? They are looking for people to come and clean rooms to get ready for tornado victims to stay there. Country Lake Christian Retreat, Phone : (812) 294-4789
- First Baptist Church in Henryville is participating in relief efforts, and has posted a list of their current needs:
Dish and Laundry Detergent
- Two busloads of Louisville Cardinals football players were helping out with relief efforts today in Henryville, under the leadership of Coach Charlie Strong:
- Southern Indiana Animal Rescue is in desperate need of fence builders to help contain the animals this Friday, 3/9. “If anyone knows fence builders that can get out there before Saturday please contact Trish at 502 974-8226. Thanks!”
- Jeffersontown Cares and Henryville Tornado are two very active Facebook groups where you can connect to find more ways to help.
- If you are in need of assistance yourself, IvyTech in Sellersburg has a One-Stop Shop at the ready.