For the third year the Gear-Up event will bring to the local business community a full day of speakers designed to share best practices, success stories, and strategies that will enhance current business efforts for owners and local entrepreneurs.
“Gear-Up was born out of a passion to develop business through knowledge and relevant training. Business owners and other feet-on-the-ground professionals are life-long learners and there aren’t a lot of opportunities to be able to learn from other successful businesses without a hefty price tag. We’ve designed Gear-Up to be inspiring, with great success stories and relevant information through technical training. Participants will walk away with a ton of new ideas to implement in their own business right away to reach their goals faster,” explains Christy Smallwood, founder of Arkham Executive and Executive Producer of the event.
Gear-Up will be held at Headliners Music Hall on Thursday, March 12, a noticeable difference from the downtown International Convention Center. Smallwood shares, “I wanted a fun environment. It’s an all-day event. Multiple speakers. LOTS of content. So, when you throw in the Corp Jester, a comedian, as emcee, and a funky blues rock band at the happy hour to finish the day – it’s only fair to have a venue to match the personality of the day. Plus, it’s easier to stay engaged when there’s a touch of fun!”
The speaker list includes Alli Truttman, inventor of Wicked Sheets, Jeff Crowe of Evan Williams Bourbon Experience, Matt Eckert, President of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, and others. Each success story is paired up with a technical expert with topics coming from Strothman & Co. (a returning sponsor) on financial preparedness, Charlene Burke, owner of Search By Burke, on client research, and Smallwood herself training on concepts from her second book, “Being Super.”
- Gil Roberts, President, Phone Falcon
- Kathryn Zeigler, Founder/Master Teacher, Acting for Your Life
- Jeff Crowe, General Manager, Evan Williams Bourbon Experience
- Alli Truttman, President/CEO, Wicked Sheets, LLC
- Matt Eckert, President, Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari
- Jayme Perez, WAVE 3/Active Heroes
- Charlene Burke, Owner, Search By Burke: “Research Your Way To Better Sales”
- Middleton Reutlinger, Attorneys: “Protecting Your Business Interests”
- Strothman & Co. CPAs: “Financial Preparedness When Working With Potential Investors”
- Christy Smallwood, Founder, Arkham Executive: “Longevity in Business By Sticking To Your Core”
- John “Z” Zeydel & Christy Smallwood, Founders, Arkham Executive: “Networking That Changes Your Community”
Emceeing the event will be Mark Klein, The Corp Jester. “We fully anticipate a great crowd that will have a lot of fun interacting with the speakers while getting tools to light a whole new fire to their business,” Smallwood reports.
Space is limited to 150 participants, so get tickets now at www.GearUpLouisville.com. Tickets are being sold at $149 for a full-day and includes lunch. For more information, call Christy Smallwood at (502) 595-7157 or email her at email@example.com.