Welcome to LouisvilleKY

LouisvilleKY.com The Pulse of the City

Site design by Mr and Mrs Smith LLC www.mrandmrssmithpr.com.

Member Login
Lost your password?

No More Trouble, Charla Young Launching New Show

December 14, 2011
By

Charla Young is back on TV with her own show

Remember Charla Young? The former WAVE-TV Troubleshooter quit that job two years ago and has been working her own leadership training business ever since. And now she’s getting back into TV with a show that debuts on WDRB-TV January 7.

Young said that after 5 years at WAVE, she was tired of being threatened by the people she exposed on the air, and wanted to do something less stressful. And she told me a story about why she wanted to help people.

“I was in the hole, sitting in the dark because I couldn’t pay my bills,” she said. “I talked to my landlord (in Frankfort, 1999) and she asked me exactly how much I owed. And she wrote me a check for $28,751.62. And she said the slate was wiped clean, and she just wanted me to help others.”

Young’s new show, Power to Change, is an answer to the question — “If you had the power, what would you change?”  The first show, she said, is about the problem of childhood obesity, and she interviews a family of four that weighs a collective 1,500 pounds. She said she’ll talk with experts on the topic during the live taping Dec. 27 at the Ali Center.

She reeled off the names of 10 sponsors she’s gotten on board, including U of L at the title sponsor, plus Republic Bank, Norton Health Care, Passport Health Plans and Wendy’s. She hopes to clear the show in syndication on other outlets. It will air Saturdays at 9 a.m. on WDRB and on the Internet.

Topics for other shows include Following your Passion, The Normalcy Bias, and Weight Loss. There will be a launch party at Slugger Field Jan. 7 at Noon.

Tags: , ,

Rick Redding

Rick is the entrepreneur behind LouisvilleKy.com. He’s been a world-famous blogger since thinking up The ‘Ville Voice back in 2006. Before leaving that start-up in 2009, he was voted the city’s best blogger by Louisville Magazine. LEO Readers voted his site the best independent news site in the city. In 2009 he organized a news operation at LouisvilleMojo and headed up the Local Voices blog team at WLKY.com in 2010. A long time ago, he was a beat reporter at Business First, launched business news operations in the Kiosk and Pizza industries, and wrote a media column at LEO. He’s a Louisville native and a graduate of WKU.

13 Responses to No More Trouble, Charla Young Launching New Show

1. Johnny on December 14, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Unless she’s done some major work to change her voice, I just couldn’t watch the show. Her voice is just awful…Nice woman, seems smart, but from the sound of her voice, just can’t imagine her being in tv. Sounds like a muppet.

2. Charla Young on December 14, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Thanks for your feedback! I hope you’ll tune in
    for the show Saturday, January 7,2012 at 9:00
    am on WDRB TV.

Charla Young

• Yury on February 8, 2012 at 7:49 pm

This was such a speaicl night and We were so happy to be there. And it was really great to be right there while we prayed for you guys – the little things God does :)

• dyvxvi on February 9, 2012 at 8:24 am

vqOy0O spfpvlbzoceb

3. Adam Annoymous on December 15, 2011 at 4:07 am

Can someone explain this more? A landlord wrote you a check for nearly $30,000? Why? No job? Maxed out credit cards? Then you get a job at WAVE and it was stressful fighting for justice? I know about a million people who would love that kind of job? Isn’t this what Jesus said we should be doing? UofL is endorsing this program with money while our salaries are frozen? How much are they giving you? This all has a bad smell to it.

• Charla Young on December 16, 2011 at 7:52 am

Wow! I guess it’s all about perspective!!!
      Everyone is entitled to a different point of view!
      Happy Holidays!

4. James on December 16, 2011 at 7:57 am

Adam, I’ve heard Charla Young’s story before
    and it”s amazing! I am so happy she’s back out
    there, and I’m glad U of L, Republic Bank and
    all of those companies are a part of empowerment!

Sounds like you’re bitter! Better luck on life.

5. DB on December 19, 2011 at 8:03 am

No doubt. How can Adam Anon possible find fault in the story of a landlord helping someone out, and that person then deciding to help others out?

6. Lo-Lo on January 17, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Charla Young you ROCK keep making it do what it do.

7. Steven Brown on January 17, 2014 at 1:09 pm

William Gregory?
    I worked at Sears Oxmoor Mall for a little over 1 year and while I was there I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Gregory. This was right after he was released from Prison. He would talk with you or help you in just about anything except he did not talk much about his time in Prison as he had just been released and was still in a lawsuit.
    I am a white male and I will be 57 this year and have a hard time understanding how such a nice man like him or others could have been convicted.
    I am sure that he is not the only man White or Black that has ever been wrongly convicted of a crime that they did not convict.
    I saw part of this show before and again today 01/17/2014.
    I just wonder if someone as nice as Mr. Gregory was convicted of a crime that he did not commit then how many others are in jail that have been wrongly committed.
    I doubt if he remembers me but I am glad to see he finally got justice? No amount of money would have been large enough but at least he can live comfortably now.
    I wish the other Gentleman the best too but just wanted to Thank You for showing the Injustices that was served to him and Mr. Gregory both even though I never met the other Gentleman.
    I hope they both will be able to live out their lives in the best way possible but still knowing they both will probably have to have ongoing therapy, I know that I would!
    Steve Brown

8. Fatimah Branch on March 24, 2014 at 4:48 am

Im from Memphis Tennessee happen to see this show at work
    and it ia a grat positive show, very inspirational. Thanks alot

9. Lola on June 8, 2014 at 11:56 am

I saw the end of Charla’s show this morning. It had a lady that beat heart surgery by changing her diet with kidney beans and kale etc. I was wondering if there is a transcript of the show or if the lady featured has a web site with info about her diet?
    I think Charla is great, and I hope to catch the show again in the future. Thanks.