Previous layoffs at the Courier-Journal have not affected the paper’s newsroom the way today’s announcement has, according to sources inside the newspaper. It seems like reporters whose bylines are familiar to readers have been spared, as the paper chopped personnel in advertising and production. But this time, readers of the newspaper will notice the layoffs.
Here’s a partial list, according to a source familiar with the cuts:
- Bettye Baye, editorial writer, columnist
- Rick McDonough, assistant suburban editor
- Niki King, Neighborhoods reporter
- Melissa Poore, Neighborhoods reporter
- Tom Nord, Velocity editor
- Lisa Hornung, Velocity
- Sheryl Edelen, Neighborhoods
- Tiffany Meredith, Metro editor
I’m told that David Dailey, Lifestyles editor, resigned today.