Welcome to LouisvilleKY

LouisvilleKY.com The Pulse of the City

Site design by Mr and Mrs Smith LLC www.mrandmrssmithpr.com.

Member Login
Lost your password?

Bad Day for the Jets, and WLKY

January 24, 2011
By

Oops.

There’s always somebody watching with a camera, I guess. Wonder how many people noticed this little graphic mistake during Sunday’s Jets-Steelers game.  This screen capture posted by CNBC sports reporter Darren Rovell.

Tags:

Rick Redding

Rick is the entrepreneur behind LouisvilleKy.com. He’s been a world-famous blogger since thinking up The ‘Ville Voice back in 2006. Before leaving that start-up in 2009, he was voted the city’s best blogger by Louisville Magazine. LEO Readers voted his site the best independent news site in the city. In 2009 he organized a news operation at LouisvilleMojo and headed up the Local Voices blog team at WLKY.com in 2010. A long time ago, he was a beat reporter at Business First, launched business news operations in the Kiosk and Pizza industries, and wrote a media column at LEO. He’s a Louisville native and a graduate of WKU.

33 Responses to Bad Day for the Jets, and WLKY

1. [...] helping stereotypes over at WLKY. [LouisvilleKY.com] [...]

2. [...] Darren Rovell of CNBC captured this screengrab from WLKY TV in Kentucky featuring the phrase “Jew York Jets.” [...]

3. ye olde prof on January 24, 2011 at 11:57 am

Note also that WLKY has it marked as a FINAL, while there is still 1:20 remaining in the game.

• mark on January 24, 2011 at 12:45 pm

the game was long over – they are showing clips from it.

4. Foster Keats on January 24, 2011 at 12:11 pm

They’re angry b/c jews don’t have sex with horses like all the hillbillies in Louisville…

• Foster Keats on January 24, 2011 at 12:27 pm

The only reason I mention sex with horses is because I, Foster Keats, am a big fan of having sex with ANY animal, but I do prefer live animals. Oh, and they have to be Kosher.

• Foster Keats Sheep on January 24, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I am Foster Keats sheep. It’s true he only fornicates with kosher animals. I wish my my owner had more girth, it like clanking a spoon in a coffee cup. Unfortunately for him hamsters, at least according to Deuteronomy 14:4-8 are not ritually pure. A hamster vagina would be a better fit for his small putz. Baaaaaaahhhhh!

• Foster Keats' Hamster on January 24, 2011 at 1:36 pm

I am Foster Keats’ hamster, and while I swore to secrecy I cannot carry on without getting this off my chest. Foster is lying about the Kosher requirement. We were going to wait to tell everyone, but we are happily in love and plan to marry in the Spring. It’s true what the sheep says about his tiny putz, but I still love him for who he is. He even crafted a tiny LED headlamp for me so I can make my way safely up the paper towel roll. I’m sorry, Foster, for letting the cat out of the bag (more on the cat later) but the excitement and anticipation of becoming Mr. Fluffy Keats was too much for me to keep in any longer.

• Jesslyn on July 15, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Gosh, I wish I would have had that information eraeilr!

• Foster Keats' Girlfriend on January 24, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I am Foster Keats’ girlfriend, Polly. Foster, you have truly broken my heart. SQUAWK POLLY WANT A CRACKER! Ahem, sorry about that. Where was I…Oh yes, heartbroken. After all the wonderful times we’ve had together, this is how I have to find out about your infidelities??? I cannot begin to describe the pain SQUAWK PRETTY BIRD! Again, sorry about that. This is the end for us, Foster. You shall never again know the joy of my cool, smooth beak against your more-harry-than-most-men neck.

5. [...] – 12:21 pm | by admin | Filed under: Football Stereotypes helping stereotypes over at WLKY. [LouisvilleKY.com]More » Deadspin Tags: &quotJew&quot, Better, Happened, Jets, Kentucky, [...]

6. Rick Redding on January 24, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Foster, Be nice. We don’t want to encourage stereotypes about people from Kentucky.

• Chris Aster on January 24, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Oh, I think we do.

7. Skeeter Gample on January 24, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Well its troo, aint it? All them Jew York Jews all complain about evrythin. PALIN/PAUL 2012!

• shella on January 24, 2011 at 1:57 pm

you’re an idiot. nothing much else worth saying.

• Skeeter Gample on January 24, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Yer probibly a jew yerself, with them big werds and fancy talkin

• Cernal Snaders on January 24, 2011 at 4:10 pm

It could be due to the cold weather there was a finger twitch at the time the typist was attempting to hit N when indeed his brain had already moved onto the J in Jets and blam you get a typo! Or a reason to bring up old stereotypes which we can laugh over again and again. All nazis die! Yay!

8. [...] biggest Freudian slips in sports history. A local Kentucky station running the game, WLKY, put up this lovely image in the last couple of minutes of the [...]

9. Snuffy Smith on January 24, 2011 at 1:31 pm

How did them thar Jewboys let this slip through? Don’t they control the media?

• Skeeter Gample on January 24, 2011 at 2:12 pm

It’s that ther O-Bama, he dunn been at fault

10. [...] from louisvilleky.com [...]

11. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Mark_It_Zero and Susie Rantz, James Kaplan. James Kaplan said: Tough day for the "Jew York Jets". http://bit.ly/dOzPSS [...]

• Zyah on July 15, 2011 at 11:31 am

It’s really great that popele are sharing this information.

12. [...] linkspicstop storiestop videos Comments Posts Oy.[lsk / deadspin.] Oy.[lsk / deadspin.] Read More… [Source: The Daily What] OVER 700 GIRLS ! Discover our [...]

13. Jew York Jets. | The Fat Brat on January 24, 2011 at 2:35 pm

[...] TheFatBrat on Mon, January 24thWell to their credit, they’re not too far off.seen over here var addthis_product = 'wpp-250'; Share //LinkWithinCodeStart var linkwithin_site_id = 392473; var [...]

14. Rand Paul on January 24, 2011 at 3:17 pm

It’s about time one of our local media outlets called it as we all see it. The “New York” media has slid by long enough while we real Americans know who is really in charge up there. Now pardon me, I have to se my friend foster about a sheep.

15. Terry on January 27, 2011 at 9:38 am

Does this board have a moderator? It’s waaayyy out of control!

• Rick Redding on January 27, 2011 at 10:01 am

Sure it does, Terry. But I won’t delete comments without a good reason. In fact I deleted a profane comment on this thread the other day. if you think something’s inappropriate, just let me know.

• Tonya on January 31, 2011 at 4:04 am

the animal sex comment really not offensive? It was to me who is from Louisville. One those who know Louisville knows it is more urban part of Kentucky and is very diverse, and not full of “hillbillies” who have sex with their horses. This comment is offensive and should be removed.

• Grammar Girl on February 1, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Ahhh…freedom of speech evokes more comments! We need more comments! Even if it’s saying a hamsters vagina. That is completely acceptable, right? Yep.

16. Tonya on January 31, 2011 at 3:59 am

The J and N are very close on the keyboard. It was just a simple mistake. Does not mean it is right to then make fun of the state as a whole for one persons typo. You need to grow up and learn stereotypes are wrong, and shouldn’t be perpetuated. I am sure there are stereotypes about states and places your from, that you would not want others mocking.

17. Gildas on July 15, 2011 at 12:18 am

Smack-dab what I was looikng for—ty!

18. xmfugcvkfx on July 15, 2011 at 3:26 am